Wednesday, April 20, 2011

ENTRY NUMBER FOUR: TEST DRIVE

I've been thinking of the footage I want to take for the video and how I want to acquire it. I want to take advantage of the compact nature of my Sony. I've been thinking of the perspective of shooting out a windshield of the car while driving, In particular I'm thinking of night shots while moving through the city; the city is going to me a character in this video and I want lights, lights at night

Now, there are a whole host of tools available for this kind of shot, glide cams etc but I can't justify the expense. So I took my Slik tripod and jammed it against my passenger seat and mounted the handycam on top of that.

Here is a quick test of that footage. It's shot in HD but rendered out as SD (standard definition). It's not half bad. Now if only I could get the mayor to patch up all the potholes on any route I wish to drive on ...



Video Test for Car Cam from Victor Kellar on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment